Skip to main content

Bus Blogging

After another absence, one year plus, I am on the move.  My last blog was about turkey's on the move, like in turkeys that were moving along in my yard.  Now I am moving along to and from work on the bus.  There is not ONE bus that can take me from home to work, so I go to downtown Minneapolis and then head for the Capitol Complex in St. Paul.

I now have one day under my belt...and....
  • there appear to be no protocols for customer service
  • some bus drivers know nothing about connecting routes
  • the 94D Express bus is a wild and wooly ride
  • running across street waving your monthly pass does not help in stopping the connecting bus from just pulling away from the stop
  • that means 30 more minutes on one of the most uninteresting blocks on Nicollet Avenue
  • 3 out of 4 bus stops I use have no shelters, I will have to work up to winter warrior status
  • according to metro transit I saved some large number of bad things going into the atmosphere, by my count I saved one gallon of gas, which is now $4.29 due to some refinery work (I think it is just the start of summer driving trips!)
  • most people say thank you to the driver as they leave the bus
  • I did too!
I promise more later on why the bus, why now, and more musings from the bus....

Comments

Dan Gallagher said…
Yay Bus! :)