Skip to main content

The Speed of Light - July

I am struck by how few moments there are where I  experience that hardly moving moment, that evokes the lazy, hazy days of summer.  I feel a catch in my throat and an opening in my heart as I experience glimpses of the endless summer.   These moments seem fleeting, but when I catch one oh my-how precious. 
I find myself this summer wondering to within and out loud to others, what has happened to the slowing down of inside work,  of the recognition in the workplace that vacations are happening, work loads adjusted, that there is this time for rejuvenation, for appreciating and adjusting to the light, to the heat, to the season of growing.  
For me my more internal moments of sharing have felt less accessible, I have these pull and urge to just be in the moment, to enjoy summer.  There has been lots of outside activities, enjoying music, my patio, outdoor eating and drinking, laughing, and connecting.  
Blogging seemed out of touch, what of my experience do I want to touch with yours?  As I was more able to formulate that question, the more the yearning to put fingers to the keyboard begun to occur.  So I am wandering in the summertime, learning how as I am pulled by sun, the warmth, the fleetingness of time - that I appreciate and want these moments of reflection of story telling of putting tidbits of my experience out into this amazing new platform of communication.  
I think I want an umbrella for my laptop, so I can blog away in this bright summer sun!

Comments