Skip to main content

Radar Has Found a Home

What a difference a dog can make to your heart. Radar (he was rescued and fostered at the MN Small Dog Rescue) found his way into my home, into Terry's home this Thursday. I was very skeptical, not sure with travel schedules, workload, grandkids, life that there was room for a dog.

So Thursday the foster mom came to Minneapolis with Radar. When I opened the door at Terry's it took about 10 minutes for my heart to melt. Radar is from Missouri, probably was in a puppy mill. About 4 months ago, Radar was put into a horse trailer along with 49 other dogs. They brought all fifty dogs to Minnesota. Unfortunately, many of dogs were unable to be rescued, but somehow, someone figured out that this guy, Radar, was able to be saved! He wasbrought to the MN Small Dog Rescue. He had mange, and many other complications he was in quarantine for 2 months. He has had very good care, and he is in fine shape. He was fostered in Rochester for the last 3-4 weeks, and now he is home in NE Minneapolis. He is curled up at my feet as I type. He is a quiet guy, he has barked about 4 times! I think that will change. He walks at your feet, has the biggest "all you can do is love me" eyes, and a great coat! He has done some good tail wagging, and he is warming up to his new home(s). Terry and I are so glad to have this guy in our life. He has a great personality, and is soaking up all the love, and we are loving this one blue eye, one brown eye bundle of good stuff.
So for you all you dog lovers, this is no
news to you! For me, such a surprise, it has been a long time since I have had a dog, and I am so glad that it has happened NOW.

Many thanks for Animal Rescue. Those folks who nurture and love and support animals that have no other place. Bless Radar's foster Mom, she is so excited that Radar has found us, and we have found him. Radar has two Mommies, and all is well.

Comments