Skip to main content

Sports Mania in TC

Even I, who hasn't watched a baseball or football game in a long time have been unable to not get caught up in the border battles, the "last game at the dome", and the hype about the new (well old!) quarterback for the Vikings.  I watched the Packer-Viking football game last night - amazing the things that some Lutherans from MN will wear when they go to a football game.  And they make fun of the cheese heads - I'd say those blocks of cheese on top of the head look pretty mild!  Then today I was going from one meeting to another and had to travel through downtown, it was 2:30 so I thought I was safe, the Twins (that would be baseball in the dome) were playing a game to determine who would go into the playoffs.  It started at 2-but NO, there were throngs of people all with a completely different, but none less outrageous costumes todays Lutherans were wearing!  So here I am watching a baseball game, I haven't watched one in years, and it is the top of 8th, a tie game, and who knows when it will all be done.  But for a few days of fall here in MN, sports is the great distractor of all other ills and woes.  It is the simple act of following rules, play the game, and at the end one team wins and the other loses!  It 's not over yet!

Comments