Skip to main content

Mother God


Last week my Grandmother visited me. She doesn't come often, I have wished for her to come to me in my dreams, or to get another hand made card in the mail. As I slept in a bed away from home, she most have decided that she liked the digs, cause she came in her full unconditionally loving way. I sat in bed being enfolded in her arms. As we talked she stroked my hair, and I could feel every part of me held sweetly. She was happy, content and so was I. Timeless.

When I was sharing my dream with a friend, she said, "she is your mother god". Wow could I think of my grandmother who loved me so well, who was so important in my life, as a god? "But she was flawed", I said. Look around you my loving friend said, "you think god is without flaws?"

What a gift my little visit with my grandmother, it was so very real and tender and revitalizing. Of course she was my mother god, a divine presence, the one who loved my dreams and encouraged me to have more.

Still dreaming, still loving, still remembering, still feeling the gifts of my mother god. Thanks Gramma.

Comments