Skip to main content

What a Glorious Day for the "Liberty Parade"

Gustaf and the RNC Planning Folks are in full swing!  My colleague Lolly,  granddaughter Myah and I were hustled out of the Guthrie yesterday after "Little House" - 2nd Street was being closed and when the Education Staff from the Guthrie annouced that the post show discussion with the cast would be a little shorter because the Guthrie would be closed for an RNC Host Party --- the boos were resounding --- she looked up at us and reminded us that SHE was not giving a political speech.   The city is buzzing - the police are doing raids to capture anarchists - and the creative juices are flying === check out the UnConvention site --- go to Walker Art Center -- if I was a slick blogger I could give you a direct link...hard not to be affected by a National Convention in your town, especially since it has been since 1892 - they served food outside in a makeshift tent and rivaled the "windy city" as the menu was only pork and beans.  So we have that history and 40 years ago I was in the midst of the Democratic Convention in Chicago learning about the contradictions of peaceful protests!  As for healing I am off to the rolling hills of Wisconsin, nestling in the Driftless Region (that part of the state the is un-glaciated) which is my heart home.   Be safe out there!

Comments

Lonnie said…
Hey MaryAlice,
What a great idea, this blog! I have been thinking of you getting ready and I'm happy to hear some of how it is you are preparing for the surgery. It sounds great! getting out of dodge while the republicans surge in. Good wishes for great weather in Wisconsin and for clear skies along with your forthcoming clear sinuses and air passages!!
Love, Lonnie
laura i said…
Hi MaryAlice,

I love the blog! I'm glad you will be enjoying the peace of the WI woods for a while, away from CNN and convention going-ons. When I had surgery a few years ago, the first week was painful -- and the next five weeks were some of the best of my entire life, doing the meditation, centering, etc., while I healed at home. I wish you the very best this month (and beyond) --
(Deep peace of the running wave to you.
Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
Deep peace of the infinite peace to you.

With healing thoughts, Laura I