Skip to main content

Grandparent's Day

Today was Grandparents day in Myah's classroom. So this morning, I left work and drove out to Stillwater and got to sit in my Granddaughter's classroom, and listen to her and her classmates read their interview stories about one of their grandparents. Myah is in 4th Grade, the students learned how to use the microphone, and they read their stories. Each interview had the same questions, but what came after that was unique and special for each child. The teacher wanted her students to learn how to ask their grandparents questions about their lives. She hoped that her class would begin to value the importance of learning about their oldest generation. The teacher brought her grandmother to the class as well. Gramma Bender is 92 years old - and I tell you I was inspired. I walked out of Myah's classroom, smiling and envisioning, that I would someday in my 90's go to Myah's work with her and tell stories of what it was like when I was little. What a great day!

Comments