Skip to main content

Daisey and Lola Have a New Home

I took awhile but on Friday, December 3rd, the 3rd day of Hanukkah, and in a blazing snow storm I drove to pick up the new girls. We are all adjusting, and I have left them several times with no calamities. I bought one of those twin attachments, so the two of them are on one leash. With all the snow, they almost get lost, especially Lola who is half the size of her sister. These Shih Tzu gals are so lovable, and I look forward to learning their personalities, their needs, and their love as they begin to trust that I am going to be a good Mom and caregiver for them. What an amazing thing I have just done. To be able to say yes to all of what this will be, not saying no due to my worry of responsibility and being unable to care for them appropriately. I realized that the voice of no also carried over to no to the love, the enjoyment, the laughter and the life of these two sisters.

So here we are nine degrees, sunday a.m. me drinking tea (oh I also have quit coffee - that is another blog!) and Lola at my feet on the chaise and Daisey on her new bed right beside us. Listening to MPR and staying warm.

Not a bad sunday a.m.!


Comments