Skip to main content

1st Trip to Houlton!




Late this morning I got a call from Kathy, she lives on Happy Corner Lane just outside of town.  She was just calling to check in and I asked if she would be going to Houlton any time soon.  She was thinking about this afternoon.  I asked if she was up to picking up a buffet that I had bought online through the Aroostook County Buy and Sell!  This is the last piece of furniture that is going in the living room and I was wanting to see if my image and the reality were going to mesh!  Kathy was game and off we went 5 degrees and partly sunny heading up 159 to Island Falls and the I-95 North.  

The drive from Patten to Houlton is quite idyllic, not much traffic, hardly any,  lots of vistas and for a bonus I saw several deer.  

First stop was to the  shop to get my buffet,  it fit in the back, we got good help getting it into the car and off we went to get quilting supplies for Kathy.  Then off to Marden's where I got a few things that I needed and Kathy bought beautiful material for a quilt she is starting soon.  

I was hoping for some pie, but the time passed quickly and we headed for home making a pact that we would have pie and maybe lunch on our next trip.

The buffet looks great will post a picture after I pull up the painter's canvas from the floor and get the TV stand in place!  It is almost there.

I am taking it easy, looking forward to watching a little women's basketball on the TV and tomorrow I am hopping to make a big dent in the the dining room.  It is happening box by box...I made myself a pot pie and salad for supper.  It will be ready in a few minutes!  

One tired woman.  Looking forward to my next trip to Houlton!

Comments