Skip to main content

More Open Spaces!





I did not leave the house today!  There were several inches of snow when I got up this morning and maybe 6 inches or so by the time the snow stopped this afternoon.  I made some headway today.  The bathroom has NO boxes and I have things put away in a way that will work at least for awhile.  Wood and light fixtures washed.  I have a counter in the kitchen and a pepper grinder and salt box!  Also put out my two favorite dishcloths.  

The morning started with the furnace duct guy coming in while I was reading in bed!  He brought in his tools and went to work putting in the last part of the duct work and getting the last new duct in working order.  He also used his handy tools to put up the spice racks ( he was very particular about it and even wanted to use a level).  Another bonus, he took the area rugs that were in the garage away to deliver to his boss.  

I got a nap today, the first time in awhile.  I love naps and today it felt absolutely luxurious.  I woke up and soon after I heard the snow equipment.  Wow it is equipment right in my driveway I put on coat, grabbed my phone and went outside to watch my new snow guy do his work.  Amazing is all I can say.  

Then the painter came by.  She is a jewel and an absolutely great worker.  She will be coming back to paint the doors to my new closet,  varnish the built-ins in the dining room and put a wash on the walls in my studio/guest room.  

Now I am settling in for the evening.  Feeling like I can make some really good progress again tomorrow.  

I am appreciating the phone calls, texts and reaching out from folks just making sure I am ok, not over doing it, and providing a essential distraction from boxes, sorting and decisions.

It is amazing how happy one can be not looking at a box.  Wide Open Spaces, if only I could find my Dixie Chicks CD!

Comments