Skip to main content

First Morning in My New Home

This is picture of the morning light from my bed this morning!  This morning was the first morning waking up in my new home.  The light poured in and

It has been a long time since I have blogged.  Since October 1ast (last blog) there has been many adventures, disappointments, hopes realized and dashed.  In November I put in a purchase agreement for a new home in Patten, and after many weeks of anguished negotiations, non-responsiveness and who knows what I was finally able to close on my house on January 7th 2019!   It has been a flurry of work, organizing and packing.

Saturday was the big move day.  All of the people who had agreed to help with the move showed up big time!  I am not going to do a thank you paragraph here.  What I do want to say is that it is an absolutely amazing thing that after a day where all of my belongings went from boxes in one house to be placed in the right place in the new house what you feel is gratitude.  Gratitude is what rushed over me as the moving van went back to Millinocket, the pick up trucks drove away,  the cars and people were all gone and I was washed over with exhaustion and gratitude.  Gratitude for such kindness, such awesome good work, and the care and concern that each person shared for helping to make this move be as gentle and easy as possible.

I am still in awe and I am still in the middle of many boxes.   The living room is set up and I can choose a very comfortable place to sit,  the internet, tv, phone are up and running and my bed fits just right in my new bedroom.

Everything that has lead me to leave the sure comforts of Milly Haven is the deep true voice from within wanting and needing to have its very own space.  In these past six months it has been very clear that despite all reason or understanding I love it in the Katahdin region, and I want this to be my home.  So here I am in my new home.

There will be lots of pictures and lots of stories.  For today I am so thankful for the "Deb's" who invited me to begin this adventure in Millinocket.  Milly Haven was a haven for me and an entree into my life in Northern Maine.  Now I am a "North Ender"  closer to the Katahdin Woods and Water Loop Road and north entrance to the Monument and Baxter State Park.

There is much for me to explore and do.  For now I am going to keep unpacking, sorting and placing my things.  I am in my new home and looking forward to my second day of waking up in my new home.

Willow Street in Patten a fine place to be and I am glad that I am here. 

Comments