Skip to main content

Highway 61

The amazing world of the internet, as the sun rise above the horizon, I am sitting at my dining room table, coffee in hand listening to the post that Ben Sidran had put up on facebook! His newest work Dylan Different is recorded in France. He goes there every winter. Ben is a big time jazz artist, maybe more popular in Europe than here, I'm not sure. I know Ben and his family from many years ago when I lived in Madison. Our children (now closer to 40 than 30) went to day care together, Ben sang and played piano (well this is an understatement - Ben helped us all commune with the divine and recognize the beauty of our human-ness) at every high holiday at the Gates of Heaven synagogue. I used to travel to Madison to hear him more regularly than I do know, but he usually comes to Minnesota once a year, playing at the Artist's Quarters or the Dakota. I love his jazz, I love his lessons that he conveys with his music, I love the joy that permeates everywhere as he sings, and plays. His son is a drummer, he plays with him often. So this a.m. as I listened to Ben singing, from somewhere in the Alsace region of France, Bob Dylan's Highway 61 I was flooded with memories and the amazing intersections in life. So I hope that you will check out Ben's "official" website . Maybe the music will inspire you to take some marvelous trip down memory lane, and enjoy the music and the day.

Comments