Skip to main content

Cheshire Cat, Vacation Eyes

"When I listened to your message, I turned to Laura and said you sound like the Cheshire Cat".  That was one of the best affirmations that this vacation time got into my bones, touched my spirit, soothed my soul.  I loved the Cheshire Cat, and I don't think many people would describe me that way.  The other thing that keeps happening is that in the midst of a conversation or walking down the hall, people will just stop, look at me, and comment about my vacation eyes.  Sparkling, refreshed, alive.  One week home, and I continue to have images, moments waft through my head, through my heart randomly and noticeably.   The image of the woman (I may have posted her before) is still a favorite, the color behind her exquisite, she has been lovingly restored at some point and holding her own.   Take "aways":  
  • pay attention to foundations, they can last centuries if built well
  • details are important and they often are what set a tone
  • courtyards have a purpose - sunshine, privacy, expanded space
  • mid-day rest is completely under-rated in our country and it is so important
  • scarves at functional, beautiful, another way to learn something about the wearer; and there are lots of people who wear scarves in Minnesota as well as Sicily, but no so many men in MN have taken up the attire - I think they should!
How lovely to be in this space, it is that place that all of go to, a sweet memory, a lovely smell, a delicious dish...and we are transported.  I hope that each of us can refine those moments of total presence and touching a memory.  Such an invitation to life!

Comments