Skip to main content

Noto at Home

Byzantine Delights on Villa in Noto

This morning the sun is shining, we are still chilly, but the warmth is going to return soon.  It is a startling delight the middle of April trees are leafing, flowers are blooming, buds are bursting.  I left for three weeks in Spring and came back to coolness that seemed more like "normal" temperatures but everything has come to life.  The sun is higher and higher in the sky, each day there is MORE light.  I love those moments that with eyes closed I can just raise my head to the sky, just inviting the sunlight to bath me all over.  That deep bath when the inhalation meets with the absolute welcoming of the warmth, the light, the majesty of the sun.  Oh I am still in an in between place.  Solid in my body here in MN, but also floating back to Noto to the delights that I beheld, and just loving that it is spring, that the sun is high, that it shines.  Little blessings to sustain and move me along.  I am not raising my head to see the wonderful Byzantine Horses on the balcony of the villa, but I am knowing this sun that is bathing me in light is the same sun that shines brightly on Noto and the horses today.

Comments