Skip to main content

In Like a Lion?

view from my living room

 More snow today, like another 6+ inches.  Wet, heavy snow.  Good snow family making snow.  The temperature hovering just above/below freezing. It was mostly above and there may have been a little bit of freezing sleet, but it was mostly snow.  At times the snow was so heavy and the flakes so big I felt like I was inside the snow globe and the outside had all the snow!

 This is all going to change,  with each hour for the rest of today and throughout the night the temperature is going to drop.  The winds are going to start to blow.

By 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning the wind chill is supposed to be -20 degrees.  Yep, -20 degrees.  The good news is this arctic blast is short lived.

I do not have to leave my house until Thursday morning when I drive to Lincoln to get my second vaccine dose.  I went to the post office and the grocery today.  

I am ready to once again be hunkered down.  The good news about the temperature dropping is that there might be a better base for my kick sled.  Hope springs eternal as I try to find the silver lining.

Today I had a just keep doing the next thing kind of day.  Unlike yesterday, I woke up a little after 6:00 and there was no going back to sleep.  

Down to kitchen,  dishes clean,  tea made.  First pass at moving snow.  Prep for meetings this week.  Take package to post office to mail.  Stop and get a few things from the grocery.   Zoom call. Second pass at moving snow, good packing snow, thought about making a some snow figures, played a little and came back in to do a little more desk work.

My victory for the day was figuring out how to print my excel workbook columns all on one page.  It sure is easy when you know how to do it.  I have been trying for weeks, increasingly frustrated, but I got it now.   

Later this afternoon I had a zoom meeting with folks from Equality Maine,  we are doing an inter-generational program later this month.  Taking a look back and forward of this year living with Covid.  It is fun working with young queers (this is how they identify), and with lgbtq folks around the state.  It is one of the benefits of Covid time,  having zoom has allowed me to participate in programs, happy hours, and other events that I would not have gone to due to being in the southern part of the state.  

Now it is a little more women's basketball, one game tonight.  A good stay at home distraction from the impending cold blast.  

It is Monday.  It is the first day of March.  In like a lion.  Out like a lamb.  We'll see.

Comments