Skip to main content

A Day For Me!


 

As summer has been winding down it seemed as if the clock had been speeding up! My calendar was very full and too often scrambled and incorrect.  All those "things" on calendar, and the one's I forgot to put in, were all good.  It was also a lot!  Blogging went by the wayside,  not enough just being time which is the time that I need in order to put any words out in the world.  

Today,  I took things off the calendar.  

I had a "niggle" last night that I was paying attention to, it said: "just do what serves you best tomorrow".  This morning the niggle was still gliding right at the edge of my consciousness - and here I am mid-afternoon feeling quite content and very happy.  

I organized, had no idea that would be what felt in service of myself but it seems to be in rhythm with the fall weather we are experiencing now.   My spice list is updated, and extra's are organized and ready to go to the basement pantry.  My food cabinet has been gone through and a new list made so I know what I have.  All the bags were taken to the redemption center.  My book just finished last night went back to the library and I have two new books, one that Julie "covered" just so I could check it out today!  Hot off the shelf and just the right read for me today.  

The sun is shining, it is cool but the wind is not nearly as wild as it was the last two days.  The top of my gazebo is on the ground waiting for some help tomorrow to reattach it after the wind swept it off.  More mums are coming to the greenhouse on Monday afternoon and I will bring some of my pots in so that they can be filled with brightly colored mums.  I have done several more batches of tomatoes and tomatillo salsa.   

I have settled into the beginning of fall, and do not feel quite so emphatic about needing and wanting a few more summer days.  The light is shifting.  The nights are getting cold.  I have put almost all the summer clothes away.  

I feel the pull of the very beginning of going back within.  Harvest continues but it is not the wild, abundant, long lite days of August. 

There is no plan.  I think a nap is in my future.  There are new books to be read.  There are clean clothes to put away.  The flannel sheets are ready to put on my bed. Nothing more must be done today, or it might just get done.  Who knows what will happen as this day for me continues to unfold.   

Comments

Jody Curley said…
Loved this post, MA. Inspirational in a very natural way. Thank you♥️