Skip to main content

More Tomatoes, More Galettes


 I have definitely moved into fall preparation mode.  The weather has been cool in the mornings , the evenings cooler yet, and when the sun comes out it is a lovely light and warms both my cheeks and my heart.  

I am in the queue for a heat pump and hope to have it installed next week.  A shed is being built for my generator, so that is will be easier to use if necessary.  Elle has dug out two of the three flower/herb beds and she is bringing beauty and design to my wild, weed filled beds.  

 And I am cleaning out shelves and sorting through papers.  I am canning.  I am making soups.  I am baking Galettes.  The latest inspired by the lovely cherry tomatoes still ripening every day.  So very very good and I shared with friends, who were very appreciative!  

Yum yum,  fall harvest, equinox light.  Salve and balm in these days.  The light and dark in balance, the angle of the light so very exquisite in the autumnal equinox.  The light and dark in balance, and I am finding my way to balance as well.  

I have a little more open space in my days, I am checking things off on the list that is in my head and not on paper.  There are still more, always more. Still, fall is arriving, it is a time to honor the harvest.  Time to reflect on the intentions that were planted and to acknowledge what has come to fruition.  

I am savoring the taste of tomatoes, ricotta cheese, carmelized onions all wrapped in a savory galette.  I am remembering the taste of the apple galette topped with raw sugar sprinkles crunching as I melted into the fall harvest.


Comments