Skip to main content

Lochsa Lodge, Taj Mahal and Bonnie Raitt

I am here to report that  59 years + one week is pretty darn good.  I was so deeply moved by how beautiful my time was in Idaho.  I stayed at this 75+ year old Lodge in Clearwater National Forest, everywhere you looked it was breath taking.  I walked the Lewis and Clark trail, and rode a really big horse "buck" as in buckskin.  I met some fine people from around the country and Canada, and feel big rejuvenation.  The trip was easy and I had time to be in such a different environment.  A big reminder about changing your perspective, now I am planning my next much longer time to get some perspective change early next year!!  
Coming home I had no plans, and on a lark decided to get tickets to the BonTaj Roulet concert, at opening day of the State Fair.  That would be Taj Mahal and Bonnie Raitt, both singers who have been in my life since very early adulthood.  The fair was great, weather fine, food outrageous, and Bonnie Raitt (who is playing at the fair since the first time her brother Steve Raitt, he lived here, died of a brain tumor this April).  This was the second time that I saw Bonnie Raitt with her heart, her sadness, her love out there for everyone.  The last time was after Stevie Ray Vaughn was killed and she played the state fair just weeks afterward.   She was exquisite, a testimony to how music is the alchemy of the soul.  Also, such a gift to have someone on stage who shares her grief, her loss, and her feelings.  And someone who reminds each of us the preciousness of one's days, the absolute need for and joy of loving and being loved.

What a treat,  I thought I was going for some great blues along with great r & b.  I got that and so much more.  My own reflections and open heartedness, under the big sky, with amusement lights sparkling and fireworks popping.  

What a great welcome home,  what a good start to the state fair, what a good way to receive a lesson of love.

Comments