Skip to main content

Art A Whirl - My Picks So Far

The largest open studio and gallery tour in the United States is in my backyard. In my backyard this weekend. I try to do little steps into the whirling - and yesterday afternoon went to the Northrup King Building - it is the biggest of the old industrial buildings of the NorthEast that are now havens for artists, studios of all kinds - our arts district.

I wanted to take a friend to meet Charlie Thysell - he is wanting to buy a "head" and well Charlie's heads are great! While there Margarita Sikorskaia, she does not have any work on display but I have linked Charlie and Margarita's newest work that is in a gallery in New Orleans, check it out. My friend found two heads he liked and I found a knitted/felted sweater by Ian Baldry , wonderful texture fun and elegant, beautifully made. Last recommendation stop by Blue Sky see Peter Schulzetenbergs bench. Amazing....Charlie is on 2nd Floor, Ian and Peter on the 3rd....Enjoy Whirling!


Comments