Skip to main content

Noon Bells Ringing

We have just arrived back home from the weekly market in Siracusa, I went with Fina and her friend Maria.  Maria was a classics professor, and Fina meets with her weekly to talk.  I barely understood much of the conversation, however I could tell how they have developed such a fine loving relationship.  This market does not have food, there was fabric, yarn, clothes, shoes, kitchen things, trinkets, jewelry, beads, and much much more.  It is like many of our estate or sale places, lots of junk and some real jewels.  Both Maria and Fina are knitters like myself, and I bought some yarn that makes amazing scarves.  We are going to go sit by the sea in the sun this afternoon, and Fina is finishing her Italian lessons and I am going to knit, and wander, and write and soak it all up.  The sun is very hot today, and the sky is a much lighter blue, there is not a cloud to be seen.  

I also bought some palms, three for the trinity, but mostly for the aesthetic of them.  I am going to bring them to my Cherag training at the end of April and give to my teachers.  I have settled nicely into Fina's home and am most certainly enjoying each of my adventures and explorations. 

One thing that I noticed today when Maria was driving us to the market is that the street meander and twist and turn.  They go around buildings.  They do not knock things down.  There are old ruins and a circle of street around them.  There is a monument and you weave around the arch.  There is a chaotic beauty in the zig and zag as one moves through the city.   More Later, Ciao

Comments

Anonymous said…
Now I am living (traveling) vicariously through you - keep it up!

Kathy