Skip to main content

Walking in Siracusa

This morning after Breakfast I checked out of my wonderful B & B, I didn't take any pictures but here is the link: http://www.infiorescenza.it/

It was quite magical, and it was at their "bar" that I had my first hot chocolate in Italy.  When I was in Paris with Sasha I fell in love with the hot chocolate, and unfortunately have never had such an experience at home.  This morning, I had another wonderful moment.  Yum, I had the classico, but there were like 20 choices of hot chocolate, all hot, and creamy and thick and oh so chocolate! 

The B & B is less than two blocks from Fina's and I walked over, and we went on errands in the neighborhood.  Picked out frame for Fina's new mirror in her living  room, went to the artisan to discuss the frame and backing and mirror, along the way Fina pointed out old villa's, cornices, doorways.  This is my favorite from this a.m.  I love the strength, the tranquility and the fabulous red of the wall. 

Home for lunch, salad, salmon, cheese and bread.  Then off for our haircuts.  Salvo (short for Salvadore) perked me up, said it was good for a vacation in Italy.  An afternoon gelato at Fina's favorite shop.  A stop at the paper shop.  All while the sun shone, the sky was so very blue, and I am still feeling as if I have dropped into heaven. 

Tonight I will sit in the square of Sante Lucia and watch the dogs, the children, the old men as they enjoy the end of another day. 

Tomorrow I am exploring Ortegia some more, starting with a morning trip to the market.  I am looking forward to picking out all kinds of wonderful things to treat ourselves to for the next few days.  Then off to the sea, and the Douma for the first time. 

Ciao Baby!

Comments