Skip to main content

A Glorious Day for a Tour de Loop

As you turn off the Hwy 11 Scenic Hwy (aka the Grindstone Road) and head towards this monument,  this is the view today.  I like to stop all along the way to snap photos from my phone.  Today was beyond postcard picture perfect.  I was able to do my "loop tour" with my friend Betty.  Betty had not been on the land since before the monument was designated and when she asked if she could come with me I was so very happy to say yes.

We had a fine ride up the Grindstone, traveling along next to the East Branch of the Penobscot River. And it was fun to make the left hand turn onto the logging road that heads into the Monument land.



1st Stop Sandy Bank Stream....No one camping there, walked out to the water....bliss.

I am blogging and watching the WNBA Game Washington/Atlanta on the computer, I just accidently closed the blog site after I had downloaded all of the pictures I wanted to use on my Tour de Loop for you.  When I download a photo,  the live streaming of the game is affected.

I am going to stop blogging for tonight.  You have a little taste of the first part of my day in the Monument, I might be able to download during halftime - but for now...I am giving my attention to the game....enjoy the view.

More to come, I promise!

Comments