Skip to main content

Wow, what a difference Two Years Make!

On this steamy end of August day, this photo popped up in my FB memories.  This is Luke and Myah starting Freshman and Junior year at Cretin Derham High School.  Now Luke is the Junior and Myah is not there she is in Chicago at Loyola University.   I had a lazy morning after late night basketball and a BIG win for Seattle against Phoenix, and a heartbreaking loss by Washington to Atlanta.  It is far less nerve wracking to have a favorite in a playoff game, but your own team is not playing!  Great basketball, late night! 

I did a little gift shopping today, put together my first "Gramma Special" box for Myah.  She will get it on Friday.  I told her to watch for MAIL!  It is so fun to just walk around town doing my errands,  waving to folks I know and stopping to visit because I didn't have to be anywhere at any special time today. 

I visited with Anita Mueller (Mooseprint Gallery and Gifts) she had some tasks to do and I helped to make the time pass and work lessen as we checked in about our summer and what we have each been up to.  Check out the website,  Mark and Anita's work is amazing, captures the beauty of the land, the water, the wildlife of our region and the coast! 

While we were chatting away our phones went off, and there were severe weather warnings.  Many hours later the storms have blown over, some rain flew, and there is just a hint of a cool breeze. 

Tomorrow I am planning on going kyaking,  we will see what the weather brings.  If it is not a good day, will go on Saturday or Sunday.  I am looking forward to a paddle with my friend Betty on Cedar Lake. 

For tonight I am enjoying being home.  I am knitting on the sweet something that I am making for my great niece Adeline!  I have a few books at my side and wish that I had a book holder so I could knit and read at the same time. 

For now I am going back to the needles in my hand.  I am turning on the TV and I am going to watch Serena Williams in her baby blue Tutu play a fantastic game of tennis.

For all of my friends who are suffering though the flooding and rains in the Driftless Land and in Madison, WI you are in my thoughts.  I hope that the rains subside and that you are supported in whatever has to be done to recover from the damage.  May you rest well. 

Comments