Skip to main content

Still Love the First Day of School Pictures


Yesterday was the first day of school for both Myah and Luke.  Myah started her classes as a Freshman at Loyola University of Chicago and Luke started his Junior year at Cretin Durham High School.  I got a little text time with both of them, and the report was all was good.  They are both glad to be back in school and they like their classes and teachers.  I also got a long phone call with Sasha and she was doing well after a day of work that included some face time with Myah and check in's with Luke.

I can't help but remember 1st day of school pictures of them from previous years,  thinking about Sasha as she went off to school and getting little flashes of the pictures of Bobby (my brother) and I in our saddle shoes as we went off to school.

I had a less eventful day in Millinocket.  Had a lazy slow starting morning.  Then walked downtown and stopped in at AT Cafe, said hello to Jaime, had an iced tea and before I left Tim Hudson stopped in and we enjoyed our lemonade and tea together before walking down to the visitor center together.  Tim was interviewed by the ABC affiliate about the 2nd Anniversary of Kathadin Woods and Water and we did a few errands together.  Then I set off down the street and stopped in at North Light Gallery and had a good visit with Deb Grabber before finishing my walk home.

It was hot and sticky yesterday and is that way today.

I just got back from our Operations Committee meeting at the Library and will go back at 3 for my shift!  At our Op-Com today we did a "send off" for Meghan our Island Fellow.  Brian baked a Turtle Cheesecake - it not only looked absolutely perfect, it tasted amazing.  I am still feeling the effects with a little sugar high and lots of taste bud explosions.  Besides our regular hours tonight there is a program tonight about Alaska so I will stay late and see the photos and hear the stories.  Then home for 2nd games in the WNBA playoffs.  I am rooting for Washington and Seattle and they are both 1-0 in a best out of 5 series!

I am having a hard time remembering that this is Labor Day weekend and that August is almost done.  It has been such a whirlwind of a month and I am savoring the days when it feels long and inviting.  I have noticed how it is getting darker much earlier here now.  The sun sets at 7:18 pm which seems much too early!

So far there have only been a few moments where I feel that fall is coming, I know those times will happen more and more over the next few weeks.  Summer has been glorious.  Lots of heat, too much humidity and wonderful high in the sky sun. 

It is a good day in Millinocket and with the humidity and temperature rising I am glad to be spending the later part of the afternoon and early evening at the library in it's wonderful air conditioning.  It is always fun to see who will come in for a book, use the computers or get a DVD.  Maybe I will see you there!

Comments