Skip to main content

How to Uplift


 Someone sent me this great little video of "birding" in the National Monument, after they had read about my hiking at Katahdin Woods and Waters last week.  It made me laugh and I had a fun time watching someone else's vantage point.



Then I had my second week back at the library.  Above is a picture of the "new books" shelves and the circulation desk (well one-half of the desk!).   It is good to be back at the library to see people that I have not seen since way early this year and to be a part of helping the library to run.  


I watched the Pete Souza documentary.  It opened my heart,  I cried, I laughed, I was so very engaged both with his image and the images he took.  It was so uplifting to see through his "lens".  I also felt a stab of grief for what we have lost, for the long long time that we have had this dumpf who shows absolutely none, not one of qualities that were shown and highlighted in his work.  Pete hardly ever mentioned trumps name, I think only once, that too was powerful.  If you have not seen "The Way I See It" please check it out and enjoy the trailer....


 

To combat feelings of powerlessness I signed up to do phone banking with the Maine Democratic Party.  I spent two and a half hours today making calls.  Only had 3 hostile responses, lots of yes votes,  a few undecided and a few people who we emphatically republican voters now!   It felt good, not my most fun thing to do, but a job that needs to be done.  I will be phone banking (from my living room) again next Saturday.

 I also started listening to an audio book in my car.  I had always thought that I would not be able to follow the story and drive at the same time!  But I am loving my Tess Gerritsen mystery and i stops my from listening to MSNBC when I am driving.


I am also hoping to be the owner of this great vintage travel trailer, a 1964 Franklin.  I have been wanting to have a travel trailer as a little guest house and I think this is the one.  Now, we just need to be able to travel around so that I can once again have guests!  This may be an act that should not be taken so close to this election, but I am oh so close to doing it!  Stay tuned.  It is uplifting....

I am doing what I can to try to stay balanced.  I can be sucked into panic as the election grows closer so I try to be intentional about what I choose to do.  I don't know when I can or want to blog, but I did want to share a few things that lightened the load as the election grows closer and the magnitude of the corona virus looms over us with greater urgency as the days grow darker the weather colder.  

The days have been gray and Baxter State Park has closed for the winter, the snow has come to the peaks.  I have all my winter clothes in my closet and have found winter accessories for driving and walking that were in the garage.  It gives me an illusion of being ready.   

I am hanging in there.  Who knows when I will blog next, but blogging I will do.  Hanging in there.  I will return my ballot to the town office on Monday.   

It is Saturday,  the rains have come and the winds did blow.  I am cozy and warm and enjoying the moments of being uplifted.  Hoping for more to come.


Comments