Skip to main content

Spring, Art, and Recovery

The good news about being sick and thinking about being well, is there is a new appreciation of recovery. I do know I am recovering and that is more than I can say about our economy. It will happen too, but I know I am going to recover before our nation does. I am on a second round of antibiotics, bronchitis is bad, but no pneumonia or asthma so all and all --- I am grateful. And I am going to be really happen when I have some energy.

This morning I had a a follow up appointment with my eye doctor. I had a yag and it really makes my eyesight clearer and better, and next wednesday I will have the second yag done, then never again, my implanted lens will work great for who knows how long, i think longer than a lifetime.

We were in the 40's today, and this morning the birds were singing, chirping, making lots of noise that felt undeniably like spring. The check out gal at the grocery store was trying to convince me that it felt like summer. I was not ready to just toss away spring, and even though the birds were happy, the sun high, and the temperatures above freezing, I don't want to settle for this during the summer. It felt good though.

Tonight I say Mary Easter perform Skin, she was a dance instructor (among many things in her life) at Carlton College for over 40 years. This piece is amazing. I am so glad that I made this commitment to participating in art activities more regularly. It just nourishes me, feeds my soul, and is so good to sit with other people that you may or may not know and have this shared experience. Knowing you all saw and heard it together and you all will carry it with you.

So I hoping that good art, sunshine, birds singing, doctors trying to help me be as good as I can be....all this is going to help me in my recovery.

Comments