Skip to main content

Spring is Here and Winter is Giving Up Gracefully

I woke up right around the time that spring arrived this morning. The sky and light had a quality that I know well, the reflective light of snow on the ground. As I was taking in the all pervading light, I was also wondering what it would look like outside when the light was brighter and I looked out on my backyard. There is was a thin cover of freshly fallen snow, not covering it all, but most of the yard, the sidewalks, the alley. The dance continues, the cold will come, snow will give way to rain, the sun will shine brightly again, but not today. We are slowly moving into spring, I am feeling the grogginess of winter slumber, the itchiness of desiring something else, the wish of warmth and breezes that wrap me in comfort. I am yearning for a "no weather" weather day, that time when you, your skin, feel just the same as the temperature, the wind, the light of the day. For today, I get another opportunity to notice the in between, first day of spring, last day of winter, snow, clouds, below freezing temperatures. My personal anti-freeze is running out, what felt brisk and amazing in January is just intolerable today. I am going to bundle up, try to keep my shoulders down, and enjoy this first day of spring - whatever it brings!

Comments