Skip to main content

A Midcoast Visit - NBA/WNBA - Protest

 

Today,  I left the Katahdin Region for the mid-coast to visit my "road warrior" friends Ellen and Ray --- we have only connected virtually for a number of years, and it was so good to drive to Hancock County on the Mid-Coast for a little visit.   The have the RV life, and I came to their "park" - we visited, had a great meal of Ray's favorite Mussel's, Lobster's cooked at the lobster pound and corn on the cob...every once in awhile we feel in the "rabbit hole" of horror at the current president - but managed to enjoy just being able to catch up.  We missed our hugs, and appreciated our very styling masks and was glad to have such a big and beautiful screen porch to allow us a safe place to be with each other.

 Meanwhile, the NBA, WNBA and MLB took a stance - no games being played.  Black lives matter.  Demands were made.  I am so encouraged that these athletes have taken such a courageous stand.

 I am tired.  I am so sad that so many people are going to be affected by the hurricane, the storm surge, the devastation.  I am weary that the Millinocket Wedding Outbreak is up to at least 83 people.  I can't believe what is being said at the RNC.   I am gooing to go to bed early tonight.  I hope that I will sleep long and hard.   

I posted a little chart that I found in the spring.  Seems good for today.  It is Wednesday,  it is the last week of August.  I will have more words, but not today.

Comments