Skip to main content

What a week!

What a week!  I am celebrated out, in a very good way.   I can lean into this new week.  The kitchen is clean.  The dishes are done.  I had a lovely early supper on the porch with my friend David.  I have been very cautious, as have the people who have come to visit, the outdoors has been my friend, has allowed me to see people, to be a little less at risk. 

Smiling
 Morning Light on Beebalm
 

This morning I spent some time just admiring all of the flowers.   The light was so very exquisite.  I sipped my tea and appreciated the fullness of this time.   At our UU Coffee Zoom service this morning, people were talking about "getting ready for winter", "putting food up",  "getting the house ready" ...I laughed and thought about how fiercely I was holding onto summer.   I will do preparation, but not today.  Not this week.  Maybe next.  

This next week is back to the world that I live when I am not turning 70.  I am heading off in the morning to get tomatoes to can, and  maybe some beans to freeze.   I have a few errands  and I have to make a trip away from home to get my car fixed - there is a recall-not life threatening but needs to get done.   There are a few people that I want to check in with this next week. 

And another sign that fall is imminent my granddaughter, Myah is starting her classes tomorrow (she is a Junior at Loyola University-Chicago) and begins her (very part time) nanny job!   She is taking 6 classes:  Spanish (Latin American Short Stories), Arabic 103, Psychology,  Anthropology, Criminal Justice, and Philosophy.  She is so very excited.   She and her roommate are moved into their apartment and life of mostly online classes.  My Grandson, Luke does not start college until the end of September (or maybe later).  University of California-Irvine will be bringing Freshmen onto campus, and Luke is ready to go.   Luke is a lacrosse player and referee,  he loves the game, and they have resumed youth lacrosse in some form so Luke has started to work again reffing games.   My family is good.   I have enjoyed my Face time with them this week.  

And now it is Sunday night.  I am tired.  I am sitting.  The house is quiet.  I am full up from my week.   Another one is starting.   I am going to keep enjoying the flowers and holding onto these last days of August.  There is more than one week left! 



 

Comments