Skip to main content

Simple Pleasures

Porch Celebration Time
Wonderful Porch Time

 Today I woke up to rain, grey skies and a cold house.  What a difference a day makes. I stayed under the covers as long as I could.  Then I hit ready for a shift at the NPS Contact Station for Katahdin Woods and Waters.  


                                                                                                    Lumberman’s Museum                                               
 
 

Sliver of Moon Rising

I have had such a lovely lovely week.  I am savoring this time.  In this covid time, in this time of being planted on my porch, during this time of not traveling, of not having guests.  I have been showered to care, with a feeling of belonging, with being so content to just be here.     

 I felt fall in the air today,  this often tugs at me at this time of the year.  After my volunteer shift, I came home and snuggled back under the covers,  read, and answered more calls.  After some juicy moments on the phone, I took a little nap.  When I woke up the sun was shining, the rain had stopped.  And it was time to get ready for the last planned time celebrating being 70.  

 The big wrap around porch was just right for us.  The evening was soft, warm,  there were no bugs.  There was great pizza.  Goat Cheese.  Fun Munchies.  Good Wine.  Champagne.  and Cake.    

 I am home.  I am blogging.  I am going to enjoy going slow tomorrow.  The kitchen needs some attention.   I am going to Golden Ridge to see if I can get tomatoes for canning.  I don't have a plan.   I am hoping that my wash gets dry, it has been on the clothesline for two days, and I would like to bring it in, fold it up and put the clothes away.  

 

Comments