Skip to main content

Celebrations are Good!

 

The slogan for 72 is "Be curious, you do not have to be certain!".  Well there are some things that I am sure of, when you open your heart, it might get hurt, but it is so worth it to be open heart-ed.  I am still soaking in all the friendship, appreciation, love that was shared and bestowed upon me on my 72nd Birthday.  It is a reflection of what I receive on many many days...and I sure do feel lots of gratitude, care and awe in who is in my life and how life unfolds each and every day.  

In the picture (taken on the patio of Katahdin Brew Works, I am holding a woodcut print created by Diana Furukawa, she has made extra prints, if interested let me know.... how fun to have inspired one more amazing work of art by Diana.  I shared the gift with everyone who was helping to celebrate on one of the most perfect days of the years!  Such a mix of people who not so long ago I did not even know and now they are my neighbors, my good friends, collaborators in future building and compatriots in some good trouble.  



 


But before the gathering in Patten I drove up to Presque Isle for our first SAGE-Aroostook Pride Picnic at Mantle Lake.  There were 12 of us, lots of food, many many good stories, and lots of great connections.  It was really fun picnic and although I had to leave to get myself back to Patten, people stayed until late afternoon sharing stories, making plans and enjoying community, together on a perfect August afternoon.  

 How grateful to be able to be able to throw a party.  The last party that I had was January 1st 2020, a New Year's Day Open House...the house was packed with people, good food, celebratory  drinks and lots of fun.  I do not need to remind anyone what happened shortly after that.

Celebrations are good, celebrations honor our communities, our achievements, our friendships and our lives.We do not have to wait for big monumental events to celebrate we can acknowledge and honor moments.  Noticing the hummingbirds.   Finishing a few things on that to do list.  Calling out those "Yah Rah" moments.  

Yesterday was an entire "Yah Rah" day. Not every day holds celebrations.  I don't feel like celebrating every day. It sure feels good when you are ready and everyone just show up!  Thank you for showing up.  For being a part of my celebrations.

 

 

Comments