Skip to main content

Yes, Women Play Basketball in August....


Last year at this time, I picked up my friend Jackie at the airport in New Hampshire and headed to Mohegan Sun in Connecticut to see my most favorite professional women's basketball team, the Minnesota Lynx.  The schedule almost always brings Minnesota to play the CT Sun in August and this is the first year (well excluding 2020) that I have not traveled to see the game(s).  

 This year the regular season ended earlier due to the USA Team playing in International Competition and the playoffs started last night.   For the first time in 12 years the Lynx are not in the playoffs. I did watch the games last night, they were great and it is different to not have "your" team to root for and find yourself just rooting for them all.

 Women's basketball is my "feel good escape from the world place"  and last night watching two really competitive games was salve for my too busy self of this week.  I had great fun cheering and sometimes just closing my eyes and listening, sometimes turning off the sound and just watching how they moved, the passes, the good shots and the missed ones!  

This morning has been lots of little tasks getting done.  Staying in my robe for a long time an savoring my cups of tea.  Next up is making Tomatillo Salsa Verde  and I will can it up in the water bath tomorrow morning.  

Today is a little chilly, it rained through most of the night and has been on and off today.  A good day for being in the kitchen, checking off the to do list, and writing a blog.

Basketball, salsa, propane tank delivery, Hannaford donation, accepting zoom invites and juggling my calendar that is my delightfully not totally full day today.  This is all I got in the tank today...who knows what will percolate before tomorrow.

It is Thursday, the rains have come, the sun is hiding and I am off to make my salsa.

Comments