Skip to main content

Hummingbird Visits

 

I don't what this flower is....it grows tall and I can see it when I am sitting on my porch.  It blooms, well right now, mid-August and keeps flowering for awhile.  The hummingbirds love it.  I have been seeing the hummingbirds in the morning, but this morning no hummingbirds.  Tonight in the early evening, I saw the hummingbird, just one,  it came by a number of times, I watched it flit from my flowers over to Fred's across the street and back again.  I stood up and walked closer to the screen while it was at Fred's and when he or she (I have no idea a they it is...) came back it came right up to the screen I could hear the wings flapping, I gave a big smile and they flew away.   Not sure what kind it is but I think that it might be a ruby throated ... there are four kinds of hummers found in Maine for those who are interested.  

I just love my visits and maybe I might get one more glimpse before the night sky comes.  It was a good day and I can still hear that wonderful hummingbird song long after they have found their place for the night.  

Comments

Karen L. said…
Seems that you're attracting some hummingbird medicine. :-)

https://doowans.com/hummingbird-medicine/