Skip to main content

Monday a little check in....

 UU Church - Houlton Garden Entrance

 It is Monday and even though the weekend was fun and busy, today was not a day for just laying back and maybe getting a little more rest.  There were some great lovely phone calls, a few meetings, and an attempt to get to a few necessary chores.

The day started out cool and got hotter and more humid.  It felt good and at the same time I was aware of how few of these days there might be left as we move into the last days of August.  

Now that I have resumed this blog, I also have to wrangle internally with questions like how often do I want to blog, will I have something to say, how do i keep it fun?  

 I appreciate that there is this time where I get to be present, I get to reflect for a moment and take space about what I want to share with you and with myself.

I started the blog by selecting a picture I had taken at UU Services yesterday.  I took a moment to take a picture entering the garden, entering a space where we get to be with ourselves and each other.  A gateway that reminds me that the month is ending.  It has been an all out full summer big everything great month, and I am ready to walk through the gate and to step into September.  

Today, starting with a sister-friend call talking about what it means to be a crone, the afternoon ended with a meeting about Pickett Mountain Mining project, in between there was a zoom working on a Job Description for the Katahdin Collaborative and now I have a little time of just sitting with myself and blogging about my day.

I know that I will not be able to make space everyday, I know it feels good when I do, and I want to write and share my musings, and more.  Thanks for walking through the gate with me. 

I am now going to snuggle into my comfy chair and watch Serena Williams play on Day 1 of the US Open.  I am rooting for Serena, a champion both on and off the court.   Go Serena.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go Serena, go MaryAlice…
Sue