Skip to main content

Bocce Ball

My side lawn has many holes, lumps, bumps and uneveness.  It makes for an exciting venue for bocce ball.  Yesterday, after much procrastination I purchased a wonderful bocce ball set.  I walked home from the store with my 35 lbs. of balls (I am feeling the lack of discretion for that effort tonight).  What fun tossing, rolling, competing.  Grandson Luke and Son in Spirit James were great competitors.  I surprised them, just when they thought Gramma was a non-competitor, I would just slide in my ball.  It's not like lawn bowling on the roof of Brits in downtown Minneapolis, but I think it is going to be lots of fun.  Going to round up some neighbors next, and see who I can recruit for a little fun and games.  Oh the joys of warm weather continue.  The fleeting days of summer are savored by us all.

Comments