Skip to main content

Spring Flowers

One week ago, I packed up and headed out of the park and back home.  The sun was hot, the sky blue, and the drive home was easy and very enjoyable.  Savoring 3 nights in the campground:  the "big spring", the "hole in the rock" trail, and the flowers.  Thousands of purple, lilac, lavender colored flowers.  The hummingbird's beak dipping into the center.  Flowers, flowers and more flowers.  There was a picnic table, where you could see the creek, hear the spring running, and see flowers in every direction.  Back home the flowers faded quickly.  The days are compressed with unallotment,  hiring freezes, news of cancer, or car accidents, and how we are with each other in the face of grief, fear, adversity.  So today as I sit at home processing my third Tony Kushner event,  I am feeling the ambiguity of the day,  I am feeling the chill from a sun that has not heated the day much above 60, and I am remembering how lovely those flowers were.  Flowers that come later in spring, just before summer.  Flowers that just shine brightly, showing off there amazing selves,  twinkling at anyone who will take  moment to notice.

Comments