Skip to main content

Celebration of Sun and Warmth

It has been difficult this past week,  the "I don't like hot weather people" were really happy, and me I yearned for the feel of heat on my face and arms, to not be cold, and to feel the full, bright, high in the sky sun.  I have done a lot of walking this weekend, yesterday I walked to the Mill City Market, over the Stone Arch Bridge, and back to North East Side of Minneapolis.  What an incredible mix of nature and urban culture.  There were a pair of blue herons on the Mississippi, and many people just staring in awe of them from the bridge.  There were four women in winged costumes practicing for a performance with music coming forth from what seemed everywhere.  When I spotted the performers and tuned into the music, there was a line of 45 much older folks on the magical minneapolis tour on their segways.  Further along the from the bridge, a photographer and two subjects (maybe for a marketing campaign) looking urban, hip and with a really big attitude.  I walked over the bridge anticipating what would be new at the market, and came home with my bag of treats.  Loving the sun, appreciating the mix of art, culture and food at the market.  Being happy to be able to have such a wonderful market.  As I left the market, there was a group of young, beautiful Hmong girls dancing in full traditional costumes and behind them on the blue wall of the Guthrie Theater a gigantic photo of Tyrone Guthrie!  What theater, what gift, how amazing that in the moment we can have such deep appreciation and gratitude for the simpliest of things:  an image, a sound, a memory awakened.  All on a wonderful early summer weekend in Minnesota.

Comments