Skip to main content

What a Load - Gone!

Today I mailed a report for a volunteer project that was due 3-31-09. It was not a difficult task, but one that I was not exactly sure how to complete. I knew I would have to look into some details. I just keep putting it off, and then it got big, and then there's the guilt/shame thing - and oops I'm off to the races of past nagging voices. So today I decided I was not going to let another day go by. I came home early from work, and sat at the table, laid out all the little pieces of paper, called the person in charge of receiving the reports, clarified some questions. Brought out the calculator, added and subtracted, and put numbers in boxes. Filled out the form, wrote out the late fee check, and went to the post office. I mailed the report and a birthday present to my best friend in Philadelphia. I'm smiling. It is so easy to set down the load on your back, you just have to be able to do it!

Comments