Skip to main content

56 Years

Day of the Dead, and SF Giants win the World Series. Not much of a ball fan anymore, but one cannot admire the underdog. I was 4 years old when the NY Giants won the World Series, I just saw on the TV gas was $.21 per gallon. Happy players. Texas not so much. WGN and the Cubs were on the TV always as I was a kid, glad for SF! I loved the Cubs as a kid, my brother when he left home, moved across the street from the White Sox ballpark. I used to follow the Brewers, go for opening day. Now a few times a year I enjoy the pure simplicity and beauty of balls/strikes/innings. A winner a loser. Rules. Take me out to the ballpark. Yeah San Francisco. How fitting thinking about my Gramma, my Grampa, my Mom, others who have passed - they would have liked this game tonight!

Comments