Skip to main content

First Snow

There is nothing tame about this snowfall. It is making a big I AM First statement. When I woke up in the middle of the night, I knew long before I looked out the window that the snow had come. There is a certain light in the night when it is snowing, and the glow was apparent as well as a little layer of snow. Five hours later, the snowing is still blowing and there is about a 3" snow top on the patio table that has not yet been put away for winter. We might get 8-10 inches. It is white with snow everywhere. It is wet and the flakes are large. It is beautiful. I know there are lots of people who do not want snow, I am not one of them. I like the snow. I wasn't planning on liking it this weekend, but I am home, there are not a lot of demands for the weekend. I feel as if I have spaciousness to just let myself enjoy the beauty, be able to turn up the heat, have a cup of tea and welcome the first snow of what will be a LONG winter.

Comments