Skip to main content

Friday Sunshine and Shifts

Last Blog I was lamenting and sad that my beloved Minnesota Lynx, had lost game one of the WNBA Championship Finals,  Tuesday they came back.  It was a great game, and now we are tied up, the team is in LA, and I will rooting wildly again later tonight.  Yesterday the weather shifted, the skies are amazingly clear and the sun bright, and the winds shifted.  Instead of 80 degrees we are hardly at 50, tonight there is freeze warnings, not frost, freeze.  I have canned up all the tomatoes and am enjoying the way they look all lined up in their quart jars.  Today, nothing is pressing, there are no must do's.  These kind of days still bring about mixed emotions within myself.  Not quite sure that it is ok to just lean into whatever it is I want to do, or to do nothing at all.   I have a meeting with library folks later today and I have a reminder set so that I do not forget!  What lays ahead is a whole day, of crisp air, bright beautiful sunshine and the feeling of the shifting season. 

This shift brings a little melancholy, missing my friends in the Midwest, wishing I could give a big hugs to Luke and Myah, and want to just look into the eyes of my beautiful, wise daughter.  Heart full of love and memories.  The first pulls of the coming darkness, the going within, and time exploring the deeper spaces inside.  

Stillness is all around me this morning.  Sunshine pours into the porch, it is hot in the sun, and I have escaped to the comfy chair in the shade.  Doors and windows are closed, Pandora streams in the background.  Then a wave from my neighbor Jan, she is back from her walk with Spotty, and he is ready for his treat.  I am brought back to the present, to the here and now.  Talking about camping trip, and my coming to hunt for mushrooms.  I show Jan my newest project, refinishing an old enamel top table with drop down wooden leaves.  She gives me tips, Spotty runs around, and the coolness of the day and the sunlight surrounds us in a beautiful Friday Sunshine.

Comments