Skip to main content

Labor Day in Millinocket

Woke up still smiling after watching the Minnesota Lynx win their final regular season game last night.  Once again they are the number 1 team in the league and have home court advantage through the playoffs.  I love rooting the team on from Maine, if they are not on TV I watch them on WNBA Live Access.  I am just silly and happy and anxious with each play.  I love this team, their coach and the support from all the fans.  At this point I am not planning on going to MN for the playoffs, but who knows!  I am hoping that they might play Connecticut and maybe I would travel to Mohegan Sun to root them on for their away games! 

I did manage to do a few things that needed to get done today.  Wrote cards and letters, paid bills, put some summer clothes away,  and hung a few more pictures.

Mostly it was just a great day for reading my book, doing a little knitting and enjoying the warmth of the sun.  It did not feel like a summer day, there was a coolness in the air and the temperatures in the mid-high 60's.  The sun was warm and it felt really good. 

So the unofficial end of summer is here.  Tomorrow starts the second week of September.  Fall events are happening soon.  The Trails End Festival happens in two weekends, and next weekend my friends Irv, Kathy and I are spending two nights at "camp".  We are going to staying on an island on North Twin Lake.  I took a ride today and walked out to the camp.  The beach there is sweet, facing west, the camp is rustic and we are looking forward to slow down that happens when you unplug. 

So as evening begins I am enjoying this last summer holiday weekend.  Going to put a Netflix DVD in the player and enjoy a movie as the moon rises high in the sky! 

Comments