Skip to main content

Love People Cook Them Tasty Food

Today's post title comes from Penzey's spices.  I have it on my refrigerator, and smile every time I open the door!  Today I spent much of the day preparing and cooking meals for our weekend out at camp!  Kathy and Irv arrive later tomorrow and we are spending Thursday in Millinocket and out to River Drivers for drinks and supper!  But today was my day to get the food and start the cooking for the weekend.  The lentil soup is simmering on the stove and it is tasty!  We are having just the right weather for soup and hard bread!  On another pot on the stove I just finished the bolognese sauce, i love making this recipe.  My Italian tutor figured out very quickly that talking about food and recipes was a great way for me to lose my panic and just lean into the language.  I have her Gramma's recipe and I wrote it out in Italian as she spoke in her native language, going step by step.  I was incredulous many times - "latte"? no, but si (yes)!  It softens the beef,  vino bianco, not vino rosso.  Carota's and Sodano and Cipolla....this recipe is so good and so very sweet!  And that will be our supper for Friday night!  My menu's are made and tomorrow morning I will carry several bags of our food out onto the island and to our camp.  I will turn on the outside power switch, plug in the refrigerator.   Will then carry a few more loads out, and then head back into town.  It all seems like an adventure and I am happy to have people staying with me and showing them around my new home.

Another big part of the my day today was the arrival of my new mattress.  I like the idea of sleeping on a new mattress as I am deep into my life transitions.  It came in a very compact box.  I got good help (thank you Bob!) with wrestling the old mattress into the garage, then we pushed and pulled the box up the stairs.  The mattress was in airtight packing and it was quite a surprise when the plastic was opened, the mattress just got very big very quickly.  I haven't given it a good try yet, but am looking forward to later tonight and seeing if this mattress is as good as my research showed!  I get a 100 day trial, if I don't like back it goes!  I am hoping for sweet dreams and a good feeling back!

And now the last part of today is going to be spent on watching the WNBA Round 1 of the playoffs.  It is one and done for Dallas and Washington (game 1) and Seattle and Phoenix in game 2.  I am rooting for Washington and Seattle! 

So cooking is done for tonight, dishes are clean, there is still a pile of towels to fold, but  it is 30 minutes from game time and I am going to be sure to see the tipoff! 

Comments