Skip to main content

What a great day!

This morning has been an A+ weather day.  I love these glorious September days, you just savor them, and that is what I hit you do this morning.  I have spent the morning on the porch, it faces east and the sun is shining brightly.  Pandora is playing Cecile McLorin Salvant, I love it.  There are lots of dog walkers this a.m.  it is hilarious to see the combos walking by.  The kids are in school, so it is much more quiet.  I have been going each day and I am enjoying just hanging out, reading paper, doing some emails, and just appreciating how much I like Milly Haven!  Tina is cleaning and I get a clean house and contribute to the very local economy.  We have little moments of conversation, she likes my organic products and I have ordered more for her to use.  Jazz in the foreground and sounds of sweeping and dusting just barely heard. 

It is such a gift to have a day like this when nothing is niggling to get done, no unattended job that shouts and whispers a long heard tape inside my head.  I have things that have to be done.  But not today.  Today I get to have this morning, and later this afternoon I go off to the Library to do my weekly shift.  I come home and get ready to be a diehard Lynx Fan.  I will be yelling and pacing and texting and watching and listening through each play of the game against Washington.  The Minnesota Lynx are playing the Washington Mystics in game one of the semi-finals.  They are playing in Williams arena and I think the barn will be rocking tonight. 

I will be rocking here in Millinocket.  Starting the day with sunshine, warmth, quiet and ending the day with unrestrained commitment to my basketball team.  Go Lynx.  Yeah for glorious September days.  Hope it ends on a winning note!

Comments