Skip to main content

Organizing for Endorsement

The early morning is the most inviting pinks and purples, and the dawn light is shooting up in streams.  Good way to start this Ward 1 DFL Convention.  Neighbors just keep talking to neighbors, listening, learning, sharing....We are all ready to go wild as Kevin speaks to the entire convention for the first time today.  I visualizing as I watch the sky change that Kevin will be endorsed by the delegates today.  Hoping that 60% of the delegates will make the decision to endorse Kevin.  Meanwhile,  I have my volunteer job that starts in a little more than an hour: I am smiling.  Finding out about what people care about, and asking them to consider endorsing Kevin. Being Helpful.  Tracking numbers.  Showing people my "green" knitting (I am knitting a rug from old T-Shirts!).  The color is all gone from the sky, it doesn't look very spring like out there,  it is cold, and supposed to stay that way -- these are good weather conditions to get people inside on a saturday.  So today I'll be grateful for the cold, the clouds, the un-spring like weather...and off I go to vote for Kevin for the DFL (that is Democratic Farmer Labor Party) Candidate for the First Ward City Council Seat in Minneapolis... stay tuned.

Comments