Skip to main content

Rug Started - Endorsement Won - Wow

How fun to wake up and still have a smile on my face.  My guy,  (I think I should insert the background music,  "My guy, my Guy, talking 'bout my guy,  ohh ohh) Kevin won the DFL endorsement on the second ballot yesterday!  There was a motion to endorse unanimously and it passed.  Jose was 1st class as a candidate and as he coped with not winning the endorsement, but making many new friends and pledging to support Kevin in the race.  Doran really rallied his supporters, and he will continue his work with us all in Windom Park.  It was a good day, and it was not until I knew the numbers of the second ballot that I experienced all the feelings for me in volunteering and commiting myself not only to this race, but my community, my neighbors.   

I did start the T-Shirt Rug at the convention, lots of knitters did a few stiches or rows, and I am looking forward to giving it to Kevin for his kitchen.  It was fun to have a "green" project to work on and share.  I had a great time, felt like I really stayed present and kept smiling and kept believing all day long.  It was not hard work.  Our entire team just bonded - we were a team, we were neighbors, we have committed not only to Kevin but to each other.  What a show of community organizing.  I am remembering (not very well) the saying that goes something like this,  when the leader has gone, the people looked at each other and said, "look what we have done for ourselves".  It was that kind of day.  Look what we have done for Minneapolis, for NE, for our neighbors, for ourselves.  Yeah.

Comments