Skip to main content

Spirit All Around Us

Such a week, this past one,  a week full of honoring of ones beliefs.   Passover and Easter both carry such significance.   The continued unfolding and birthing of spring.  There is such a constant testing of my faith; will the sun ever really warm my cheeks,  is there something more that I can do in this stressful time,  how do I find the positive rather than hang onto the negative, the fear, doubts?  As I listened this week to the sermon of a wonderful episcopal priest, I was struck by how she was able to honor the reality of faith in the divine.  She talked of God, I translated to the Divine,  of the reality of  faith and how it allows me to be less sure, to be amazed, humbled.  She reminded me that the message was, "Do you love me?"  not "do you believe?".  Conviction is not faith, she said, it is self righteous indignation!  How comforting to be reminded of the mysteries of my life,  of how when we can let go of being certain, being sure, certitude, it is then that we see the Divine all around us.   "It is the point of faith", she said.  In that mystery I am connected to something greater than self, much more than understanding, more than my doubts.  I learn to trust,  I can love and not have to be 100% certain.    

It was good to have time to sit in my mystery, my faith.  To remember my spirit connections.  To be grateful that the divine is everywhere, all around me, even when I forget.  The earth comes to life, the sun shines bright in the sky, and this morning I can see the beauty of the divine even out of my back window.

Comments