Skip to main content

Blessings to you Paul Wellstone

Yesterday was the 8th Anniversary of Paul Wellstone's death. Of course there were more who died than just him, his wife Sheila died with him, as well as his daughter Marcia. Seven died altogether. Paul didn't change my life, he was not a my professor, or neighbor, he wasn't even a friend. I did in both my personal life and professional life have an opportunity to listen to him, to speak with him and to learn from him. I am not a big hero person, but Paul was a hero to me. I didn't like that his oratory fashion had a lot of screaming in it, but I would manage to get past my irritation and listen. He was bold, he was honest, he never gave up, he loved people, he believed in people, he believed in change. Even though I wished he didn't have to yell so much, I see know that the only way anyone would wake up to what he said was to yell. He could also talk, and listen. I listened last night to Paul on MTN , Minneapolis Television Network. They ran interviews and clips with Paul all night long. I was most struck by all the talk of health care reform, remember Bill Clinton was going to reform health care - Paul was eloquent, he was clear. I checked and the programming is still up on their website. Take a listen, remember Paul, remember your own truth.

Comments