Skip to main content

Rosalie Sorrels

This weekend I went out with my friends Dawn and Ryan and baby Laura (10 months old). Ryan and Dawn share a love of micro-beers. Ryan make some good home brew and he also hosts the MNBeer site. We went off to the Muddy Pig on Saturday afternoon to sample belgian beer - it was the annual fest! We went at a great time, and had a table by the window. Laura had just got up from her nap, and she was as usual ms. mellow! She is the most content baby, and her mom and dad just ooze loving her, it is such a treat to be with them, and a flight of belgian been.

So what about Rosalie Sorrels --- somehow as I was singing to Laura, the Hostile Baby Rocking Song sprang into my head (I said Melvina Reynolds sang it-my bad!). I came home and hunted on you-tube ---I didn't know the name, just the genre "hostile baby rocking song (this is the day we give baby's away, with a half a pound of tea! If you know any ladies who want any babies send them around to me....) --- the title is This is the day.....

I couldn't stop, once I started on Rosalie's Music, this may be one of the sweetest songs I so glad I found it again today it is sung by Rosalie and written by Utah Phillips. I love that this is the music that I heard as a child, and later embraced as a young woman... If I could be the Rain!

Thank you Rosalie.

Comments