Skip to main content

Off to a little more summer

Today is the third time in less than a year that I am going to Austin, Texas. It took 59 years for me to get there, but now I am on a roll. Austin reminds me of Madison (those are both names of towns in MN that I seldom have been to) - that is Madison, WI. Madison was the perfect incubator for really growing into myself. I loved Madison, I had a pedestrian life, coop, work, movies, eats, all within the ability of my feet to get me there. Then there was the University, each year I have more respect for how my education has shaped how I think, and what I do.
So how about Austin vs. Madison, first, there is just the edgy factor. There's the capitol and the head shops, there is lots of music, there is great food. I love the Austin Motel - a step back in time. Congress Street and State Street.....oh and it is the first place I had a margarita. Think I'll have one tonight!

Comments